REFUGEE OR HUMANITARIAN STATUS
If you receive humanitarian status, you will have the right to:
- work without special permission;
- receive education in state schools and universities;
- have your family reunited on the territory of Bulgaria;
- be granted Bulgarian citizenship 5 years after receiving the status;
- travel abroad under the terms and following the procedure for foreigners holding a permanent residence permit in Bulgaria (when they have received a visa from the embassy of the relevant state in Sofia and the right to stay within the term of validity of the visa).