Even if you are still aged under 18, you have rights which the Bulgarian authorities are obliged to observe.
During the procedure you have the right to:
- stay in Bulgaria till a decision is made on whether you will receive a status;
- receive a registration card which will be your identity document;
- be accommodated in a refugee camp;
- receive food three times every day;
- receive cash assistance every month;
- be provided with medical care when you get sick;
- be enrolled in a Bulgarian school ;
- have an interpreter, a lawyer and a social worker during the interviews;
- receive a decision on whether you are granted a status in Bulgaria.
If someone offers to become your guardian against payment, this is illegal , and you must immediately inform about this – your lawyer is the best suited person to inform.
- receive Bulgarian identity documents from the Bulgarian police – an identity card and a travel document;
- get education in Bulgarian state schools and universities;
- get permission to reunite with your family on the territory of Bulgaria;
- work after you turn 18 without the need for a special permission for that;
- be granted Bulgarian citizenship: 3 years after receiving a refugee status, and 5 years after receiving a humanitarian status;
- travel abroad: under the terms for Bulgarian nationals (if you have a refugee status) and under the terms for foreigners holding a permanent residence permit (if you have a humanitarian status).